- Senior Technician, International Education
- Go to our website »
Senior Technician, International Education
Salary: $24.27 - $30.33 Hourly
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Number: 2023-04377
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Division: Employer & Educational Community Services
- Location: Based out of our Milwaukee Downtown Campus but serving all campus and community needs.
- Hours: Part-time, up to 19 hours per week primarily during normal business hours but may occasionally require evening and weekend availability.
Under the direction of Director, High School Relations & Transfers, collaborates with faculty to develop, implement, and promote study abroad programs for MATC. Oversees budget projections, coordinates logistics and administration of programs, pre-departure orientations, program operations and assessments. Work requires the exercise of independent judgment and analysis in decision-making in accordance with established policies and procedures. Assignments are completed independently and are reviewed through conferences and formal reports.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate logistics and administration of study abroad programs.
- Assist in creating promotional materials and marketing study abroad and exchange programs.
- Maintain and update office records, create and disseminate reports, analyze processes and improve efficiency.
- Build and manage strong working relationships with faculty, staff, departments, vendors, and partners.
- Advise students on study abroad options and assist them with the application process and preparation for a study abroad experience
- Manage Study Abroad office and budgets and coordinating with the Business Office to assure vendor payment.
- Stay current on FERPA, HIPPA, Clery Act, US State Department Travel information and the Center for Disease Control recommendations.
- Serve as college representative at WTCS Global meetings and other international groups (MCIE - NAFSA - WIAA).
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellence through diversity. MATC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in related area AND at least three (3) years of related experience*
Preferred Education: Master's degree in related field AND more and two (2) or more years related experience*
*Related experience: working with study abroad program to include budgeting, planning, managing and administering programs, FERPA, Title IV, HIPPA, and CLERY as it relates to study abroad, knowledge of international travel rules and regulations; marketing/event planning and promotions.
- Customer focus
- Cultivates innovation
- Optimizes work processes
- Ensures accountability
- Interpersonal savvy
- Communicates effectively
- Instills trust
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of techniques and procedures used in study abroad program development including budgeting, planning, managing and administering the programs.
- Knowledge of FERPA, Title IV, HIPPA, and CLERY as it relates to study abroad.
- Knowledge of international travel rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS).
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and Word.
- Excellent organizational, planning, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with MATC administration, faculty, students and staff, representatives from outside agencies and educational institutions, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
- Ability to effectively supervise and/or direct staff.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects, meets all deadlines, and coordinates activities to achieve specific funding and institutional goals and objectives.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs., carry, and push up to 20 lbs. and ability pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and a ladder and maintain balance.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, hear and speak.
- Sitting/Standing/Walking: 75% of time spent sitting, 20% of time standing, and 5% of time walking.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/matc/jobs/3943037/senior-technician-international-education
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-e8118550303fa649892159384689a64e