- Adjunct Physics Professor (TEMPORARY)
- Go to our website »
Adjunct Physics Professor (TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00974
Location: Contra Costa College
Description of Position:
The Physics program is looking for part-time instructor to teach the first, and likely the second, semester of algebra-based life science physics in accordance with existing approved course outlines and department syllabus. The first semester covers mechanics through basic thermodynamics. 4 midterms and 1 comprehensive final are expected. Plenty of support is available, including Canvas pages and homework sets. There is an existing lab manual that will be used to fit existing equipment and support.
Other teaching opportunities might exist and pool applicants are welcome.
Instructor must follow department guidelines, including exam and homework standards; be able to prepare and grade class assignments and exams; inform students of their academic progress of course requirements, and evaluation procedures; maintain scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines and be able to serve a diverse student body in age, ethnicity and academic skills. |
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. the advancement of student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. abide by longstanding department standards and guidelines, including giving 4 midterms and a final;
3. maintenance of current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/learning strategies;
4. maintenance of appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
5. provide classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines;
6. prepare and grade class assignments and examinations and inform students of their academic progress;
7. inform students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
8. maintain attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submit them according to published deadlines
9. post and maintain adequate and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
Jon Celesia, email@example.com
Chair, APECS Department
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: C7000-NSAS DIV Natural & Applied Sc
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Minimum Qualifications (Note: Degrees must be from an accredited college/university)
Masters in physics, astronomy, or astrophysics
Bachelors in physics or astronomy
Masters in engineering, mathematics, meteorology, or geophysics
* (If you do not possess the listed degrees, you must complete the equivalency form provided in the online application.)
Experience in teaching community college or university Physics courses.
The ability to work with a diverse student population.
Ability to connect with and support under-prepared students.
Ability to present material in a clear and engaging manner.
Ability to lead a class in an interactive way.
Extensive, effective, and efficient use of demonstrations.
Job Open Date: 03/14/2023
Job Close Date: 6/26/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Fall 2023
# of Months: varied
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/9564
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency